Friday, April 15, 2011

Filling April with Easter Celebrations

A couple of weeks ago, a friend in our Bible study asked me what Easter traditions we do with the kiddos...and I realized as I went through the list of activities that it was time to spruce up and bolster our traditions because the meaning of Easter is even more central to our faith than that of Christmas. So...although I'm sure our kiddos will still enjoy...

our Resurrection eggs,

dyeing eggs, 
 

 going to Super Saturday at Uncle Jim's church,



 participating in Easter egg hunts,

and going to Good Friday and Easter Sunday services...

...we are now also...

 going through an Easter Devotional, using Ann Voskamp's Easter Tree template
and devotional that you can get for free here.



cooking Easter Tomb Cookies the day before Easter (recipe here).

going through the Stations of the Cross at Southwest Hills Baptist Church on Good Friday.

I love filling April with Easter activities.
 I love making the Love of our Savior a daily focus.
 I love making Easter a bigger deal than Christmas.
I'm thankful for all the resources out there to help me do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment